• 100% ORGANIC
• NO GMO, NO CHEMICALS, NO PESTICIDE
• USDA CERTIFIED
• Urad Whole, like other whole lentils and pulses, is a good source of protein and dietary fiber
• It is low in fat and rich in B complex vitamins, calcium, and potassium
• Urad can be cooked in a covered pot or pressure cooker and prepared with onion, ginger, garlic, and spices.
• Whole Urad can be ground into a batter, used in the preparation of dosa, idli, vada, and papad
HOW TO USE:
Punjabi Dal Makhni
3⁄4 cup Urad whole Dal
1⁄4 cup red kidney beans (rajma)
2 teaspoons cumin seeds
8 garlic cloves, chopped
2 inches ginger root, chopped
1 teaspoon garam masala powder
1⁄2 cup fresh cream
1 teaspoon red chili powder
3 tablespoons butter
2 tomatoes, chopped (extra large tomatoes)
1 onion, chopped
1 tablespoon oil
• Soak urad whole and rajma overnight in 3-4 cups of water.
• Cook the soaked dal and rajma in the same water with salt, red chili powder, and half the chopped ginger till dal and rajma are cooked and soft.
• Peel and chop the onion, ginger, and garlic finely. Also, chop the tomatoes.
• Heat oil and butter in a thick-bottomed pan. Add cumin seeds, when it crackles add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
• Add chopped ginger, garlic, and chopped tomatoes. Sauté till tomatoes are well mashed and fat starts to leave the masala. Add boiled dal and rajma to this. Do not add the liquid at first.Crush(mash) the dals with the back of the ladle while stirring continuously, this gives that creamy texture to the dal.
• Add the liquid and some water if required and simmer on very low heat for fifteen minutes.
• Add fresh cream and garam masala powder let it simmer for another five minutes. Finish off with a couple of pinches of Kasoori methi powder.
• Serve hot with Naan or Paratha.
Nutrition Facts* Approx. (Per 100 g)
Energy 346.72 Kcal
Total Fat 1.64 g
Carbohydrates 58.99 g
Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
Sugars 0.0 g
Protein 24.0 g
Processed and packaged in a facility that deals in gluten products, Soy, Peanuts, Tree Nuts, and Sesame.